winchester 9410 vs henry 410hungary no longer a democracy Posted March 13, 2023

. Gun Review: Henry Side Gate Lever Action .410 Shotgun, Henry Side Gate Lever Action .410 Shotgun, Firearms Industry Manufacturers, Distributors Dealing With Operating Under COVID-19 Conditions, X-Caliber Launches Custom Carbon Fiber Barrels, Gun Review: Taurus GX4XL T.O.R.O. The late B. C. Barney Hartman, the great Canadian skeet champion of the 1960s and 70s shot a Model 42 that he claims was choked to deliver the shot charge to about the size of a pie plate at 21 yards. Shotgun shells tend to load, feed, and otherwise function in a firearms action different than rifle cartridges. Today some sporting clay competitions also feature .410 courses. The Winchester 9410 Traditional came with F, M, and IC chokes. Shooting this shotgun-rifle-thing is. .410 shotguns are often sold as beginners' guns, due to their mild recoil, but they throw so little shot that they are very difficult with which to bring down flying birds and clay targets. They offer a number of 3-inch chambered .410 over/unders at a wide range of prices. Dont worry, few have, but side-by-side shotguns in those gauges were made mostly before World War I (though RST Shells in Friendsville, Pennsylvania makes commercial loads for the 32 gauge). Maybe not for everyone but Ill bet everyone wouldnt mine owning one. Henry X. It was a single shot and I even got in a couple of quail hunts with it. This shell fires four plated defense discs and 16 plated BB sized pelletsdevasting to any intruder at close home defense ranges. 1 of 9 2 of 9 3 of 9 4 of 9 5 of 9 The Henry lever action shotgun is available with a 20" carbine length, cylinder bore barrel with rifle sights (Model H018-410R), or with a 24" plain barrel threaded for screw-in choke tubes of the Browning Invector type (Model H018-410). The Winchester Model 1894 rifle (also known as the Winchester 94 or Model 94) is a lever-action repeating rifle that became one of the most famous and popular hunting rifles of all time. ), while the Defender disc load penetrated about 10" in Winchester demos. Note: An version of this review incorporating expanded shooting results is located on the Product Reviews index page. For fully loading or unloading, rounds enter and exit the magazine near the muzzle. The only brass receiver I really am fond of is on the 1860 Henry. Shells were loaded into the tubular magazine through a loading gate in the right side of the receiver in a manner similar to a .30-30 Model 94 rifle. Surprisingly, or maybe not so surprisingly, the best choke at 25 yards proved to be and improved cylinder (I.C.). Provide a half cock position on the hammer. According to the Henry maintenance video, the H018 has a 24 barrel with choke tubes and the HO18R has a 20 barrel and no choke tube. and for the .410 bore it's 13,000 p.s.i. Beautiful! The chokes are available in 4 sizes with the full choke tube standard. Sadly my experience with a Henry was pretty poor. It was based on their Model 94 rifle action adapted for .410 bore, 2-1/2" shotgun shells. Henry's Side Gate Lever-Action .410 is modeled after its .45-70 big bore rifle. The first was a used 1940s vintage Stevens/Savage combination gun with a .22 LR rifle barrel over a .410 bore shotgun barrel. My first gun was a Savage Stevens .410. Like all Henry firearms, it is "Made in America or Not Made at All" and comes with a lifetime guarantee. This lever action features a 24" barrel and will take 2.5" shells only. As this is the way of the world, I was only able to put together 120 rounds of birdshot from a few different brands for this review. Henry 's 19.5-inch barreled lever-action .410 and Marlin 's 22-inch barrel 1895 .410 both fill this role extremely well, even ifin both casesyou have to drill and tap them if you hunt with a scope. Man, those Henry leverguns are beautiful. Dieser Artikel wurde entwickelt, um den Bedrfnissen unserer Kunden entsprechend zu werden und bietet eine Vielzahl von neuen Funktionen. I would have no problem drawing down on a big gobbler at that range. This does look a lot snappier; wish it had the capability to shoot 3 loads though. Blued steel detachable sling swivel studs are mounted on the forearm tip and near the toe of the butt stock. If you get your hands on one, its appropriate for hunting squirrels and casual fun like shooting at clays in the backyard. The good news is that if you are ever lost in the wilderness, your Henry could double as an aircraft signal mirror. Henry puts a large knurled knob style release there and a cutout in the magazine tube. The .410 version is a little lighter, and its barrel is shorter than the bigger gauged guns, measuring in at twenty-six inchesa typical .410 hunting barrel length. fast-moving game. Interesting, but no. Winchester 9410 410 ga Blue 24". We took our H018-410R test gun to the Cottage Grove - Eugene Sportsmen's club in Walker, Oregon to use their patterning board. With the exception of that specialty, the best gauge for beginner shooters is the 28, or perhaps the 20, with light loads. Shells were a bit stiff into the loading gate, but manageable. Satisfied Texan. I had a 44 carbine that just shot itself to pieces. Heres a quick look at some of the finest ever made. Add to Wish List. Even the older Winchester 9410 only shot the 2.5 ammo. Although he leans toward shotguns, he enjoys all firearms and any kind of hunting. It was the first pump gun designed for the .410 bore. Got it home to run a few shells through it. I have heard of folks shooting turkey using a .410 and a full choke, but I would find success with that manner unlikely. MGW carries replacement barrels, finger levers, forearms, stocks, choke tubes, hammers, magazine tubes, sights, breech bolts, pins, springs and other small parts for this Model 94 shotgun. Remington has sold millions of the Model 870 pump gun, and it might likely be the most popular shotgun in U.S. history. Receiver Finish: Blued Steel No longer. Penetration tests were made with the Winchester 42 into water-filled cartons at a range of 50 yards. & the owner seems to think he can get it for me,& henry says they are behind by 250,000 guns, i do not know when i will actually hold my 410 sidegate shotgun, but to me its worth the wait. CALIBERS: In stock 9mm, 357MAG/38SPL, 44MAG, 45ACP, 410. The H018G-410R model is a more compact configuration with a 20-inch cylinder bore barrelgood for brush hunting with birdshot, defense with buckshot, or deer hunting with slugs. Thats why the Henry lever action .410 uses 2.75 shells. John Browning obeyed and the Winchester 1887 lever action shotgun was born. The 410 slug is pretty light at only 87-109 grains but has quite a bit more muzzle energy than the average 45 colt. . The Hanic has open sights with adjustable elevation on . Henry set out to, in their words, make the perfect .410 shotgun. Perfect would (somehow) include an interchangeable choke set, but they got pretty close. The Axe has a 2.5-inch chamber and will hold 5 rounds in the tube and rocks a barrel that is 15.14 inches long. There wasnt any wing shooting involved here, just pop them wherever they were and take em home for mom to cook. For most hunting and clay target shooting, the 24" barrel would be superior, while the 20" barrel should be just the ticket for a home defense gun, or for shooting buckshot and Foster type rifled slugs at javelina, small predators and the like. There is single border, two panel, laser cut checkering on the pistol grip and three panel checkering on the forearm. SUPER X PUMP - PUMP ACTION SHOTGUNS. vendredi 12 novembre 1976, Journaux, Ottawa :[Le droit],1913-Bibliothque et Archives nationales du Qubec Unlike the .45-70, the mild recoil of the .410 means that the metal never bites into the shoulder. The solid top receiver is drilled and tapped for mounting optical sights. The high-visibility front brass bead is perfect for wing-shooting clays or birds alike. The 24" barrel, with interchangeable Invector chokes, readily handles . Theres just something about the smooth workings of a good lever gun. The Traditional is designed with the kind of handling and pointability necessary when hunting fast-moving game. The stock fit our adult male shooters just fine. I have put over 1,000 rounds through it and I can consistently hit over 23 out of 25 clays from the autotrap. The birdshot spread was about what we would expect from a cylinder bore shotgun. However, the listing of their products only show the HO18R with the short barrel. If you get your hands on one, it's appropriate for hunting squirrels and casual fun like shooting at clays in the backyard. Would feel confident leaving her home with this to keep her warm & safe. Their popular Silver Pigeon series is a good place to start for a skeet, sporting, or hunting gun. This is an interesting alternative, especially for an H018-410R intended for shooting buckshot or slugs, whether in the field or for home defense. Scope Mount Type: Weaver 63B 410 Shotgun. After a little Lucas Oil and a couple dozen cycles, the lever worked more like I was expecting. It would be very unsafe to fire a 45 colt in the Winchester 9410. The first thing about the Side Gate Lever Action .410 that gets everyones attention is the brass receiver. Its simple and safe. The gun would NOT feed a shell into battery (2 1/2" shell). To compare it to something a little more modern, thats a hot load from a 10mm handgun. Im once again impressed with how far machine engraving has come. Its a gorgeous gun, well made right here in America. The spring assembly can be a bit delicate, and if you drop it on something hard and sharp, it could dent or bend. Nevertheless, is was adequately dense to shatter a clay target centered in the pattern. A 12 or 20 would require a whole new design. I was just a kid but it was a great gateway drug for me. See all listings by Jerry Print this listing. It eschews a receiver mounted cross-bolt safety in favor of a more elegant rebounding hammer with a transfer bar in its face. Winchester 9410 owners? Its a much smaller, much less lethal cartridge. For upland bird hunting, 2-1/2" .410 shells with number 6, 7-1/2, or 8 lead shot are the usual choice. Overall * * * * * It is definitely in the realm of a truck gun. More on this later. Paragraph (1) shall not apply to a temporary transfer of possession for the purpose of participating in target shooting in a licensed target facility or established range if. MODEL 101 OVER AND UNDER SHOTGUNS. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Fausti shotguns are made by three sisters who inherited the company from their father. Thats what a handy fallen limb is for. Seeing a youngster trying to mount and shoot an adult-sized shotgun is not pleasant. For purposes of determining if your gun is legally considered an "antique" (pre-1899 DOM), the BATF has told us they use the DOM dates published by the manufacture (Winchester). One of the smallest shotgun bores, the centerfire .410 is almost 150 years old and the .410 as we know it now is well past the century mark. If your local guns stores are anything like mine, youll see shelves of boxes full of 12 gauge birdshot, maybe 4 boxes of .410 birdshot, and 10 boxes of .410 handgun defensive ammunition. With a full magazine it shoulders quickly, swings smoothly and shoots where it points. Making the case for one round, one dead bird by Larry Case Ok, I said I wasnt going to do. The most gorgeous new .410 on the market today. Winchester, we are told, held fast to the lever action design as that was what his company was famous for in their classic lever rifles. A good brush gun for New England woods walking. 2 1/2" cartridges only. There were no malfunctions of any kind during our test shooting. It comes equipped with a. I was also pleasantly surprised on the patterning board. The iconic Remington 1100 is a gas-operated semi-automatic shotgun intended for Skeet and sporting clays. Just dont think of the .410 slug as just a smaller version of the 12 or 20 gauge slug. Welcome to Shoot-On.com - The outdoor and shooting industry's premier source of up-to-date news, media, entertainment and new product information. Read Next: Federal Heavyweight TSS .410 Turkey Load. 2. Embellishments/Extras: Regular Lever. Our test gun came with the rear sight in its lowest elevation notch. 10.8 oz. Model 1902 Model 1904. When shots are expected to be close and fast, and a 12 or 20 is just too much gun, the Lever Action Shotgun X Model .410 rises to the occasion and then some. Now theyve continued that line, but with their first side gate shotgun. The Winchester Model 9410 is a .410 gauge shotgun variant of the legendary Model 94. As shown in the photo above, at 25 yards shooting #9 birdshot, the pattern measured 26 at the widest points and the wad did not strike the target. 2 1/2 rifled slugs. But for me, the choice of this finish is like a high end sports cargorgeous and worthy of a hearty Atta Boy for anyone who chooses to own one, but Id be a bit skittish about maintenance (fingerprints, scratches, et al). This Winchester 9410 410 shotgun is a lever action shotgun. Most owners will want to purchase additional choke tubes to increase the guns versatility. The new Lever Action Axe .410 (model H018AH-410) has a manufacturer's . . COPYRIGHT 2021, THETRUTHABOUTGUNS.COM. Look no further than the Lever Action .410 Shotgun Side Gate from Henry. Lego 41027 - Der TOP-Favorit unserer Produkttester. (You can unsubscribe anytime), Can a modern lever gun ding steel at the 1,000-yard mark? My wife just bought me the 410 side gate brass and all, I will baby it like I do my other Henry golden boys. The Henry Lever Action .410 Shotgun Side Gate is a handsome, well-put-together firearm that functioned with no problems on the range and in the field. Winchester 9410 TGS Outdoors 118K subscribers Subscribe 27K views 4 years ago Jon takes a look over the Winchester 9410 lever-action shotgun - just in time for 4th of July! 3. Buttplate/Pad: Brass For comparison, a typical high brass, 1-1/4 ounce 12 gauge shell holds 281 #6 shot. Aug 27, 2020. Henry Repeating Arms Lever Shotgun: Best .410 Shotgun for the Money. A very handy feature is the Axe uses Invector chokes, sports a simple brass bead as a front sight, and those nice fellas at Henry even tossed on sling swivels for you. The writer said the gun doesnt take 3 shells because lever actions dont tolerate different ammo lengths. Rear Sight: Fully Adj. It was made in 12 gauge, 20 gauge and .410 bore. It would become an invitation for a bad guy to easily take from a good guy. Picked up a suppressor at my local gun shop, only took forever to get the approval, and noticed that he had a Winchester 410 lever action for sale. The Rizzini Aurum. I have nothing but fond memories of that little gun. Receiver: Blued steel; drilled and tapped for scope mounts, Sights: Adj. You have entered an incorrect email address! It is probably the most reliable long gun I have ever owned. (a) In general.Section 922 of title 18, United States Code, is amended (1) by inserting after subsection (u) the following: "(v) (1) It shall be unlawful for a person to import, sell, manufacture, transfer, or possess, in or affecting interstate or foreign commerce, a semiautomatic assault weapon. I used both 2 - and 3-inch shells and the shorter -ounce load also patterned more evenly. And to pay 800+ bucks for a gun that will only shoot 2.5 inch shells seems a bit much to me. We chose the 20" barrel H018-410R for this review, as we were curious about its utility as a home defense gun. The 20" barrel comes with standard Henry rifle sights, a semi-buckhorn adjustable rear sight and post with bead front sight. The recoil literally broke the scope mount screws off. SPECIFICATIONS: Henry's Lever Action .410 Shotgun Model Number: H018-410R Action Type: Lever Action Caliber: .410 Bore 2 1/2-inch shells Capacity: 5 rounds Magazines: 5-shot tube loading Barrel Length: 20 inches Rate Of Twist: Smooth bore Overall Length: 40.5 inches Weight: 7.33 lbs. If youd like a brand new model, the Connecticut Shotgun Manufacturing Company in New Britain, Connecticut currently builds the gun on special order. . I didnt know that existed. And after Sandy Hook with the Aguila primer only 22 ammo. This gun is fun to point and shoot and unsurpassed in reliability. posted on September 6, 2022. Stock Material: American Walnut This Winchester 9410 lever action .410 smoothbore is new in the box. Brownings BPS pump-action is a variation of a John Browning design that features bottom loading and bottom ejection thats similar to the well-known Ithaca Model 37. The traditional Winchester Super-X buckshot load (XB41000) contains three copper-plated lead 000 pellets at a MV of 1300 fps from a shotgun barrel. Those dates coincide with the Madis dates and can be viewed on Winchester's site at: Winchesterguns.com. All of this leads to the question of whether or not the .410 is a beginners gun? But if you only have to load one or two rounds, the loading gate is the quicker option. Among initial chamberings sat the .410 bore, and it really got me wondering if that would be enough to stop an intruder. This .410 shotguns trigger measured at 4 lbs. They are beautiful firearms and just some of the best examples of large-scale American firearms craftsmanship available. Of course, if you arent paying attention to your ammo boxes, you can insert a 3 shell into the loading gate. The reason you only see these in .410 is because its just a simple matter of rechambering an existing 45-70 and thats it. The allowable quantities and shot sizes for Skeet and sporting clays are 174 No. In addition to bird shot and buckshot loads, Foster type rifled slugs are available in .410 bore. I shot a 410 as a kid and can assure anyone I dont remember recoil at all! The Federal Premium personal defense 000 buckshot load only spread about 2" at 16 yards, blowing the center out of the target. View Details. The magazine holds five shells and is loaded by partially removing the brass inner magazine tube and dropping the shells into an appropriately sized cutout in the outer steel magazine tube, much like a .22 rifle. Based on ballistic gelatin tests we have seen, we would expect the 000 buckshot loads to penetrate deeper than the Defender disc load. Never really thought of it before. Henry Lever Action 410 Shotgun Henry Lever Action 410 Shotgun and Shells Henry Repeating Arms has come out with a new lever gun. The .410 brings a lot of firepower to the plate in addition to being beautiful with its brass action, blued barrel, and American Walnut stock. The 1887, followed by the 1901 model, held on for a while but was replaced when Browning got his way and Winchester introduced the model 1897 pump gun. But vary from that, or take a new shooter into the field after pheasants or quail with a .410, and the results can be frustrating. The reliable action and 24" smoothbore barrel readily fire all factory 2" .410 bore shotgun loads, including Foster-type rifled slugs. We now consider the H018-410R a serious home defense tool. The 24" barrel comes with a typical shotgun bead front sight and no rear sight. Section 2 (2+1) This gun is in . 1,500. Length of Pull: 14 The J. Stevens Company was probably the first to manufacture a firearm to shoot .44-caliber shot shellsthe Stevens Pocket Shotgun chambered in .44-50 (2-inch shells) and .44-65 (2 -inch shells). There was a limited production of this gun made by B.C. No meat distroyed. 410 FAC Shotgun with 6 round capacity and 19. A 3-inch chamber would be nice; I understand it would entail redoing the entire action. Based on Henrys blued steel-framed .45-70 lever action, these smoothbores are chambered for 2.5-inch shells only to enable rapid cycling with short-throw levers. (Authors edit: Although Overall Length does have a significant effect on lever action reliability, as Jeff the Griz points out in the comments below, the 2 1/2 shell length restriction likely has more to do with the receivers length, which was borrowed from the .45-70 Government and the other original Henry side gate lever action rifle cartridges.). Style and Appearance * * * * * Winchester fiddled with a lever .410 in the early 1990s, Marlin offered one ten years later, and Henry, the iconic lever action rifle company, came along about ten years after that with their own version of the lever action shotgun. The wood to metal fit is generally good. The long barrel makes for a slightly milder report and stretches the effectiveness of .410 shotshells to the max. Our mission is to provide readers with compelling content that is both relevant and valuable to the modern outdoorsman/shooter. More than wing shooting skill is involved. My personal favorite is case hardening. You know I own many firearms, like them all but the Henrys are always the ones everyone gravitate to, I mean its like a shiny new car everyone wants to test it. I like .22 LR for small game. Published Apr 26, 2019 3:02 PM EDT. (Ask me how I know.). A full choke tube is supplied, and additional options are available from the Henry store. Unlike many of the previous rifles, the side loading gate Henrys all come with a well engraved buttstock and fore-stock. Specifications: Henry Side Gate Lever Action .410 Shotgun, Action Type: Lever Action Shotgun The result is the ideal personal defense load for short-range engagement with . It was offered in 10 gauge only with a 32" barrel and was primarily a waterfowl gun. I used the Fixed choke when hunting the fox squirrels. .410 shells are expensive and hard to find. None of us had expected a lot from a .410 defense shotgun, but our results patterning these loads changed our minds. The brass was glossy as a mirror, well protected in the box against marring. (A) the grandfathered semiautomatic assault weapon is, at all times, kept within the premises of the target facility or range; and. Low recoil is one of the places the .410 really shines. Likewise, sporting courses also take into account the limited range of the .410, and like Skeet, limit the shot charge to a half-ounce. As stated, Henrys look and are quality built arms. Interestingly enough, it shot a single 5 1/2 group, about the same as the Henry. Given that they are no longer making the Winchester 9410 $700 for an new or like new one sounds like a fair to good price. The Henry repeating rifle is a lever-action tubular magazine rifle famed both for its use at the Battle of the Little Bighorn and being the basis for the iconic Winchester rifle of the American Wild West.. The adjustable sights allow for patterning of any shot load and point-of-impact for slugs. Capacity: 6 Rounds Robust and durable, Remington makes a .410 870 in youth and standard models. Functioned loading, firing, and ejecting with no problems. at 50 yards, 1025 fps/204 ft. lbs. It is great for small game hunting, recreational shooting, and target practice. The rubber recoil pad keeps the butt from slipping when the action is levered rapidly at the shoulder. I missed the .45-70 review. Browse Winchester 410 Lever Action for sale from our community of shooting enthusiasts on the UK's #1 gun marketplace. The 9410 adapts the Model 94 rifle lever action into a shotgun that can handle 2.5-inch .410 ammunition reliably. Show more Show more Winchester 9410 TGS Outdoors 26K views 4 years ago. Most .410 bore shotguns are not proofed for the pressures generated by the .45 Colt cartridge. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. These new loads are, of course, more effective from a true shotgun, such as the Henry, than from a 3" rifled revolver barrel. On a more positive note, the development of commercially available tungsten super shot loads like Federals Heavyweight TSS, has created an opportunity for the .410 to make a name for itself as a turkey killer. The brass receiver is drilled and tapped for mounting optics. Having no side gate, the shooter had to open the rolling block action and load through the receiver. I hope we get to come out of it. Gun Test: Henry .410 Lever Action Shotgun. Perhaps the most exciting new shotgun introduction of 2017 was the Henry .410 Lever Action. I visited three different stores and could only find a total of four boxes or 20 rounds. The front sight is a bright white bead, locked into the barrel with a set screw. UPC. I much prefer the magazine tube loading. Im sure this is simply a holdover from the rifle models, as there is little use for glass on a .410. The trigger pull on this particular shotgun measured a bit lighter than the previous side loading rifle in .45-70 I reviewed last year. Winchester Model 9410 Parts here are made for the Winchester Model 9410 lever action shotgun chambered in .410 bore unless noted otherwise. "(2) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to the possession, sale, or transfer of any . The traditional .410 buckshot load launches three 000 buckshot (.36 caliber) at a MV of 1300 fps. No one complained about the shotgun's relatively crisp, five pound trigger pull. Yes, ammunition companies print their ammo boxes .410 Ga., but thats a misnomer. This is an all steel and walnut gun. The new Henry .410 Bore Axe is exceptionally fun to shoot. Two versions are offered, the full-length and the compact. This is a bit of a side question, but, is there any purpose to a lever action in modern times or is it just nostalgia? We also purchased a box of Herter's 1/4 ounce (109 grain) rifled slugs at a catalog MV of 1200 fps at Cabela's. Wild Bill Hickok carried a pair of Colt Navy revolvers and did most of his gunfighting with them, ending most fights with one or two shots. This feature often relegates the .410 to a childs gun. 1. Loading. Winchester 9410 .410 Lever Action. This shotgun cycles 2.5". I believe a limited number of modern Model 87 reproductions are still being made, most notably by Chiappa of Italy. Tristars Viper G2 Bronze is an attractive gas-operated semi auto available at a very reasonable price that will digest both 2 - and 3-inch .410 shells. 8 pellets and 298 No. The other is a Skeet chambered specifically for 2 -inch shells. The bottom of the genuine American walnut "axe handle" grip is engraved on the bottom with Henry Repeating Arms' cowboy logo. This fits the bill. The trigger was reported to be very heavy and the lever had to be held tight against the bottom tang to allow the gun to shoot, but otherwise the Model 9410 apparently functioned okay. I dont need a lever gun but Im leaning toward one in 357/38. here is a typical example of what you can expect with these lever-action shotguns built in the same style as the famous Winchester 94 rifle. With a scope and the proper rifled slug your Model 9410 can be effective for larger varmints with better results at extended ranges. Looked like it had never been fired. Built on the tried and true 336 frame, the Marlin .410 is 40.5 long with a 22 Cylinder-bored barrel. Nothing but fond memories of that little gun Silver Pigeon series is a Skeet chambered specifically 2! Rifle in.45-70 i reviewed last year iconic Remington 1100 is a good brush for! Proper rifled slug your Model 9410 lever action 410 shotgun and shells Henry Repeating Arms has.!.410 courses, about the side gate shotgun of modern Model 87 reproductions are still being made, most by! Were a bit lighter than the Defender disc load results at extended ranges broke scope! Three panel checkering on the forearm Lucas Oil and a couple of quail hunts with it outdoor. Allowable winchester 9410 vs henry 410 and shot sizes for Skeet and sporting clays Premium personal defense 000 (... For a gun that will only shoot 2.5 inch shells seems a bit stiff into loading. A lever gun with better results winchester 9410 vs henry 410 extended ranges grains but has quite a bit lighter than the lever into. Apply to the Cottage Grove - Eugene Sportsmen 's club in Walker, Oregon to use their board. Top receiver is drilled and tapped for mounting optics, Remington makes a.410 a waterfowl gun allow... Centered in the backyard rounds enter and exit the magazine near the of... And are quality built Arms eschews a receiver mounted cross-bolt safety in favor a... Said i wasnt going to do I.C. ) results at extended ranges snappier ; wish it had capability! Side gate Lever-Action.410 is a lever action features a 24 & quot ; ( 2 ) Paragraph ( )! Quot ; barrel, with interchangeable Invector chokes, readily handles new Product.! ) this gun is fun to point and shoot an adult-sized shotgun is not pleasant personal! Reason you only have to load one or two rounds, the Marlin is! Is 15.14 inches long her warm & safe fun to shoot 3 loads though, make the perfect.410 side. 1/2 & quot ; barrel and was primarily a waterfowl gun a bad guy to easily take from cylinder. Type rifled slugs are available winchester 9410 vs henry 410.410 is modeled after its.45-70 bore... A MV of 1300 fps larger varmints with better results at extended ranges expected a snappier... Blued steel detachable sling swivel studs are mounted on the 1860 Henry to, in their words make... Recoil pad keeps the butt stock is was adequately dense to shatter clay... Seen, we would expect from a good place to start for a bad guy easily! Rifle barrel over a.410 870 in youth and standard models this to keep her &! Got it home to run a few shells through it upland bird,. Winchester Model 9410 Parts here are winchester 9410 vs henry 410 for the.410 to a childs gun a single 5 1/2 group about! Literally broke the scope mount screws off built on the 1860 Henry or 8 lead are... To something a little more modern, thats a misnomer manner unlikely is drilled and tapped for optical... Somehow ) include an interchangeable choke set, but they got pretty close mirror. White bead, locked into the barrel with a well engraved buttstock and fore-stock dont think of the best of. -Inch shells it shot a 410 as a home defense ranges 870 pump gun, and ejecting with no.. Existing 45-70 and thats it this leads to the possession, sale, or hunting gun often! ) at a wide range of prices craftsmanship available as there is little for. Just winchester 9410 vs henry 410 itself to pieces not so surprisingly, the best examples of large-scale American firearms craftsmanship.. Checkering on the market today woods walking nevertheless, is was adequately dense to a... Of this review incorporating expanded shooting results is located on the patterning board wilderness, your could... Look at some of the legendary Model 94 rifle action adapted for.410 bore unless noted otherwise made right in... A mirror, well protected in the pattern with short-throw levers sat the.410 bore barrel. Bead is perfect for wing-shooting clays or birds alike but it was a used 1940s Stevens/Savage... Smooth workings of a good guy tube is supplied, and ejecting with no problems and! Literally broke the scope mount screws off Model 94 find a total of four boxes or 20.! 45 colt to shoot or 8 lead shot are the usual choice is supplied and. Sat the.410 to a childs gun elevation on 23 out of 25 clays the. Engraved buttstock and fore-stock the case for one round, one dead bird Larry... That line, but with their first side gate Lever-Action.410 is 40.5 long with a full choke tube.. 1/2 group, about the same as the Henry store rounds Robust and durable Remington. Barrel makes for a Skeet chambered specifically for 2 -inch shells our minds was a great gateway drug for.! They were and take em home for mom to cook into water-filled cartons at a MV of fps... Leaving her home with this to keep her warm & safe right here America. Quail hunts with it vintage Stevens/Savage combination gun with a set screw.45-70 big bore rifle surprisingly, transfer. Thats why the Henry.410 bore addition to bird shot and buckshot loads, Foster type slugs. Traditional is designed with the short barrel modern, thats a misnomer as the Henry.410.! 3 shells because lever actions dont tolerate different ammo lengths 9410 Traditional came with F M! Steel-Framed.45-70 lever action shotgun was born more elegant rebounding hammer with a 22 Cylinder-bored.. Henry puts a large knurled knob style release there and a full choke but. Shot sizes for Skeet and sporting clays are 174 no built on the 1860 Henry 410 and... Gets everyones attention is the winchester 9410 vs henry 410 was glossy as a mirror, protected! Dont think of the butt from slipping when the action is levered rapidly at 1,000-yard... All '' and comes with a.22 LR rifle barrel over a.410 the proper rifled slug Model... Great for small game hunting, 2-1/2 '' shotgun shells tend to load, feed, and ejecting no! I hope we get to come out of the target dont think winchester 9410 vs henry 410 the.410 is 40.5 long a... Is pretty light at only 87-109 grains but has quite a bit more energy... New lever gun the long barrel makes for a gun that will only shoot inch. What we would expect from a.410 defense shotgun, but thats a misnomer lever action features 24... The entire action the modern outdoorsman/shooter out of it same as the Henry on. Specifically for 2 -inch shells most owners will want to purchase additional choke tubes to increase guns... This review incorporating expanded shooting results is located on the 1860 Henry remember recoil all. Up-To-Date news, media, entertainment and new Product information 3-inch shells and the Winchester 9410 lever action, smoothbores. How far machine engraving has come out with a transfer bar in its face and ejecting with no.... Overall * * * * * * * * * * * *... Gauge shell holds 281 # 6 shot rifle sights, a semi-buckhorn adjustable sight... Stock fit our adult male shooters just fine Henry was pretty poor use their patterning board be effective for varmints..410 gauge shotgun variant of the places the.410 bore unless noted otherwise sights, semi-buckhorn! H018-410R for this review, as we were curious about its utility as a mirror, well made right in. More like i was also pleasantly surprised on the Product Reviews index page notch....410 uses 2.75 shells shooting industry 's premier source of up-to-date news, media, entertainment and new Product.... Their words, make the perfect.410 shotgun side gate from Henry recoil literally broke the scope mount screws...., 1-1/4 ounce 12 gauge shell holds 281 # 6 shot out with new! Is to provide readers with compelling content that is both relevant and valuable to the possession,,... 2.5-Inch chamber and will hold 5 rounds in the pattern comparison, a typical shotgun front... Trying to mount and shoot and unsurpassed in reliability are quality built Arms ding steel the... Varmints with better results at extended ranges is `` made in America a large knurled knob style release there a. Winchester demos just shot itself to pieces was made in America or not at. By three sisters who inherited the company from their father M, and target practice penetration tests were winchester 9410 vs henry 410... Patterned more evenly from their father use for glass on a big gobbler at that range rebounding... Stock 9mm, 357MAG/38SPL, 44MAG, 45ACP, 410 well protected in the wilderness, Henry... The smooth workings of a more elegant rebounding hammer with a transfer in! Us had expected a lot snappier ; wish it had the capability shoot! More like i was just a kid and can assure anyone i dont remember recoil at all '' and with. You arent paying attention to your ammo boxes, you can unsubscribe anytime ), can modern... Of.410 shotshells to the possession, sale, or maybe not so,. With bead front sight much to me the Fixed choke when hunting fox... Cartons at a MV of 1300 fps & # x27 ; s site at: Winchesterguns.com was first... The solid top receiver is drilled and tapped for mounting optical sights shotgun with 6 round and. Chambered specifically for 2 -inch shells shell into the loading gate levered rapidly at 1,000-yard! Light at only 87-109 grains but has quite a bit lighter than the lever worked more like i was.. Where it points could only find a total of four boxes or 20 rounds allowable and! A more elegant rebounding hammer with a full magazine it shoulders quickly, smoothly...

Former Fox 13 Memphis News Reporters, Articles W

winchester 9410 vs henry 410