why did saul goodman go into hidinghungary no longer a democracy Posted March 13, 2023

Kim tries to leave but Howard beckons her into an empty courtroom for privacy. You've got the nuclear option, launch the doomsday device. Kim informs Jimmy about the conversation and asks if he intends to be a "friend of the cartel" or a "rat". Really its 50/50 if the cops are even after him or have anything that would stick. ("Off Brand"), Jimmy tries to fulfill his court-mandated community service while also trying to sell his commercials, but can't convince anybody to sign on for more than one or two spots, and more often, none at all. While in an elevator, she unexpectedly encounters Howard and his associates from HHM. The neighbor IDed you. Howard was there, and a P.I., if you can believe that, just waiting for me to lose my shit and bust in. Press J to jump to the feed. is innocent. If Saul thinks he should leave, I trust his judgement most of all. And I can't, I won't load this onto you, too. Also, why did Saul Goodman go into hiding? Chuck enters the office to a big round of applause, having just won a big inheritance lawsuit using his knowledge of obscure case law. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. He had one older brother, Charles "Chuck" McGill Jr. Jimmy later worked for his father at his small corner store and watched as he was repeatedly taken advantage of by scam artists. Gus is perturbed by the fact that Jimmy had talked Lalo out of his original plan, and tells the two men guarding him to follow him somewhere. You were sloppy. Lalo orders a terrified Jimmy and Kim to calm down and sit on the couch. But this little Juan Valdez bump-and-dump? Ha, you're sorry? ("Breaking Bad"). Jimmy and Kim got married in 2004, with Kim also becoming Jimmy's confidant to gain spousal privilege. Jimmy also finally shows remorse for what he did to Chuck and for causing his suicide, the guilt of which Jimmy had previously ignored and buried. You killed my brother, and you say you're sorry? And I would like to be a small and silent part of it. Saul Goodman, criminal attorney to drug dealers, would be the sacrificial lamb. ("Fifi"), After waiting for Chuck to complete his legal preparation prior to the Mesa Verde hearing, Jimmy quietly restores the original documents after his brother departs to present the permit request. Jimmy then tries to mend relations between Irene and her friends but is unable to since Irene's friends remain suspicious of her. I'm so far beyond you! That tape? This guy will already be dead! Calming down, Gene wonders why they're talking about this as they are both too smart to throw their lives away for no reason, but Kim simply tells Gene that she's happy that he's alive and hangs up the phone. Are you sure about your answer now after the finale? Most importantly, he met and began a semi-romantic relationship with Kim Wexler, a co-worker in the HHM mailroom who was attending law school. Hey, you know what? Seeing his old colleagues talking about the recent changes only serve to fuel the dilemma. So, here's the deal. After several years on the run, hiding as Gene Takavic, Saul Goodman is finally arrested and charged with an endless list of crimes after helping to build Walter White's criminal . Someting must've happened. Saul appears regretful of his part in the cruel ruse and discards the phone used to make the call, while Francesca tells him she should be paid more for this sort of work. Find somebody who's alone, with money! Arriving home with Kim, they find Howard outside who reveals that he believed Chuck committed suicide. Inside, Buddy tells Gene that he can't go through with the scam on the cancer-stricken mark, explaining that his own father had cancer. Press J to jump to the feed. When Brandon "Badger" Mayhew is arrested for selling Walt and Jesse's "Blue Sky" meth, Saul decides to represent him. In 2002, Jimmy works hard at his own law practice but enjoys little success. She meets with a public defender named Grant and accepts twenty pending felony cases pro bono. Okay? He quickly enlists Jeff to drive him to Lingk's house so that he can commit the break-in himself, dismissing Jeff's own misgivings. A thought occurs to Saul; he tells Oakley and the Marshal that he has more information about the murder to trade once they land in North Carolina. After trying to sell to three youths who call him a "narc," Jimmy then manages to sell the stack of phones to unsavory characters at the Dog House. Charged with assault, Huell is facing two and half years in prison and threatens to skip bail. And he let you know it, too. Just as she raises the revolver and is about the shoot the person answering the door, Mike appears from behind and disarms her, forcing her into the house. Although Jimmy realizes his dreams have been dashed, he wishes Kim well with her career. Now, he claims that he lied to me to get me to tell the truth. A bag was shoved over my head, I was hog-tied, I was driven out into the desert and when they pulled the hood off, I was kneeling in front of an open grave with a gun pointed at my head. Call me, Saul Goodman! It doesn't matter, it doesn't. Saul explained that he was threatened into helping Walt and Jesse Pinkman ( Aaron Paul) and claimed that he went into hiding out of fear of them, not the police. Saul Goodman flees the house with his true identity finally exposed. Jesse leaves, and Saul calls Walt to warn him ("Confessions"), That evening, Saul and Kuby meet Walt in the parking lot of the hotel the White family are staying at to discuss their next move. No! Im done with that. Go grab a juice box. Jeff sells the information to criminals in exchange for money and payments in whiskey; Jeff stockpiles his proceeds on top of his hidden shoebox. ("Piata") To do so, he took a correspondence course from the University of American Samoa. You can be a criminal attorney, but you can't be a Criminal attorney. If I'm lucky, three Why don't you skip the whole exercise? Here we go! ("Saul Gone"), Saul Goodman is like a cockroach - even after the apocalypse hits, he's going to find a way to survive.Vince Gilligan, Look, Im a lawyer, not a criminal.Jimmy McGill to Nacho Varga. How he hasn't fired you for this positively mystifies me. You're kidding me! And Agent Schrader and Agent Gomez and a whole lot of other people would still be alive. Kim is intrigued, but initially disagrees she is not prepared to risk her career with Jimmy being the kind of lawyer he is. Poof! Because I was having too much fun. ("Hazard Pay"), Later, tending to his errand, Mike visits the DEA offices with Saul. They SHOULD have been in hiding; however the narrative somehow made them overconfident. The neo-Nazis would have been a minor threat, if a threat at all - They have $69 million, they are holding Jesse hostage to make meth for them and they have killed two federal agents. This triggers a sudden and acidic tirade from Chuck as he vents all of his frustrations about Jimmy and how he never should have tried to help him. I wanted her to hear this. I still don't understand why Saul had to go in hiding. Later that evening, Kim strongly hints to Jimmy that he had best thoroughly cover his tracks. My parents are dead. We're not denying that. Being an attorney does not shield you if you go too far. Rushing to the hospital, Jimmy fends off doctors, security, and Howard himself in order to bring his brother home. Realizing his culpability in Chuck's collapse, Jimmy explains his actions as a "little bit of razzmatazz" and reassures Chuck that as he now has clients, the incident will not be repeated. And he knew exactly who he was. Continuing to embrace his alter ego of Saul completely, he is first seen waking up with a prostitute in his bed, which he promptly dismisses, and spends a majority of the morning debating with a contact regarding a potential client who is accused of public masturbation, before going to his law firm. Jimmy is successful at exposing Chuck's resentment of him in court along with suggesting that he might have a mental illness, though is suspended from practice law for a year after Jimmy fabricated Mesa Verde Bank and Trust documents. Howard dedicates a new law library at HHM in Chuck's name; the film crew hired by Jimmy and Kim spreads the rumor that Jimmy anonymously donated the money for the library. Chuck, who had become a successful lawyer in Albuquerque, New Mexico, visited Jimmy in jail at the request of their mother. asks Walt: he's already convinced, and so is Jesse. Is this it? He originally worked as a mailroom clerk at Hamlin, Hamlin & McGill (HHM) alongside Kim. Without warning, he is called by an irate Howard, who tells him Chuck has quit HHM and demands an explanation. Kim and Richard appear to be uncomfortable, and it causes tension between Jimmy and Kim on the drive home. Saul takes pictures of Jesse's injured face and jokes that Walt is now the "cute one of the group." Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. Hi. Something that not even his skills can take care of. Right back to when I passed the bar and tried to join the firm. Jimmy and Kim argue, with Jimmy later apologizing and admitting he messed up. ("JMM"). Oakley is forced to finalize the plea deal while Saul sits in stunned silence. Even though he refuses to admit it, it is also readily apparent that Jimmy is internally torn up over his brother's suicide, which Howard is able to recognize, and is thus the primary reason for which Jimmy chooses to harass Howard, who has finally moved on from Chuck's death while Jimmy hasn't. Actually, I think that the very first part of BCS may have been taking place when Walt was still up in New Hampshire cabin-ing, playing cards, trying out new glasses and stuff. () And she's waiting for you. Gene is shown to greatly enjoy the chance to employ his old talents as a con artist again while setting it up so that Jeff can't expose him without causing "mutually assured destruction" due to the number of crimes that he had committed. No wonder Rebecca left you! Jimmy pushes Wendy out of the car in front of Cliff and Kim, further suggesting to Cliff that Howard is using cocaine and has prostitutes. Cliff confronts Howard about his supposed cocaine use. Ed Galbraith brings Saul Goodman to his vacuum repair shop, where Walter White also awaits a new identity. You can't conceive of what I'm capable of! 90 days with good behavior, we're doing this! The finale episode revealed what happened to Saul Goodman (Bob Odenkirk) and Kim Wexler (Rhea Seehorn) in the wake of the penultimate episode's dramatic events, all of which is set post-Breaking Bad. He then talks to Mike at his booth, wondering why they gave back Craig and Betsy Kettleman' money. Jimmy then established his own law firms; first with Kim at Wexler McGill and later establishing Saul Goodman & Associates. Taking what he feels is the initiative, Jimmy compiles a video crew comprised of UNM students to film and air his own commercial advertising the Sandpiper suit. Until he can be safely moved, he has to hole-up in the basement of the extractor's shop. Finally, in a parking lot after yet another net-loss, Jimmy collapses on the ground and stays there, clearly exhausted, nearly penniless, and extremely depressed. What? Hank and Gomez are as well, and Jesse's confession tape had been destroyed by Todd's gang, no? As he waits, Jimmy discovers that the Cousins included an extra $100,000 in the bags at Lalo's request to pay Jimmy for his services. If I'm on the run, I'm going to be paranoid no matter who I see that might recognize me. Good! In the desert, Jimmy meets with the Cousins who silently hand over the money in two large duffle bags before taking off. Further hints of trouble await Jimmy at his office upon his return: Captain Bauer from the airbase has learned of Jimmy's ad and is furious. Saul mentions that as a last resort, Walt can pay to have a "disappearer" vanish his family off the grid and set them up with new identities. When Jimmy loses potential clients Craig and Betsy Kettleman - who have been accused of embezzling money from the county treasury - to HHM and fends off an attempted injury scam from Cal and Lars Lindholm, Jimmy decides to return to his shady techniques to level the playing field . Another flashback saw Saul, then Jimmy McGill, reunite with his late brother Chuck (Michael McKean) in a scene where he brought his sibling supplies and they bickered about Jimmy's work as a lawyer. He travels back to Cicero and reconnects with Marco. Not even given a reason as too why he was not hired for a multi-million dollar case he brought to HHM in a silver plater, Jimmy angrily turns down the deal and leaves. "Wrong answer!" This would have been found out and he could have faced serious jail time. "Oh, my brain used to work, I'm sick, I don't know what to do!" A subreddit for the Breaking Bad spinoff "better Call Saul" starring Bob Odenkirk. Jimmy is surprised when Kim tells him that she wants to undertake similar schemes. In order to deal with the danger of Jeff, Gene reverts back into his old "Slippin' Jimmy" persona once again, conning Jeff's mother Marion and helping Jeff get into the criminal lifestyle which he recognizes is what Jeff truly desires. As Kim meets with Cliff Main at an outdoor caf, Jimmy disguises himself as Howard and takes Howard's car while Howard is visiting his therapist. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. Jimmy has a hard time adapting to the situation, only reluctantly filling his old Davis & Main water bottle with his own urine in lieu of water and resorting to dragging the bags when he gets tired, resulting in one ripping slightly and Jimmy injuring his foot on a cactus when he retrieves the lost money. He won't be able to pay the income tax bill in fulland clearly wasn't going to do so anyway. Jimmy smiles, amused. ("Say My Name"), Later, Jesse admits that Saul told him that Walt "took care" of Mike's men in prison. Not on you! ("Lantern"), Jimmy learns about Chuck's death, racing to the house with Kim in time to see the coroners removing his brother's body from the fire-gutted house. After one of the scam artists offered young Jimmy a life lesson about wolves and sheep, he began stealing money from his father's cash register mostly being rare coins ("Inflatable", "Slip"). Pointing to Walt's former occupation as a scientist, Saul asks what he would do if he had a time machine. ("Uno"), At the end of another workday, Gene sees off his co-workers before he takes out the garbage. He quickly gets up and demands another phone call. Luckily, Saul knows of a hacker in Belarus who could launder Walt's money through his son's "SaveWalterWhite.com" website. In Coushatta, Jimmy posts the messages and then gets on the bus back home. Jimmy watches with pride as the clerk lives up to his word and adamantly denies having seen Jimmy, even in the face of Ernesto's statements. Kim, if she wants, can probably testify against . Jimmy is shown to be willing to resort to even more extreme measures to get his way such as threatening three teenage thieves with death if they interfere with his drop phone service and feigning remorse for his brother's death simply to get reinstated as a lawyer and gleefully mocking the panel afterwards to Kim. And I didn't want that. They attempt to hire Cliff to represent them, claiming Howard provided ineffective counsel because he used cocaine during his representation of Craig Kettleman. You're sorry? Kim returns to the office to find Jimmy lying on the floor, with his half of the rent, indicating he used the "slip and fall" to coerce the guitar shop into paying him off. ("Pimento") Jimmy accepts HHM's previous deal and hands over the Sandpiper case, apologizing to Howard and giving him the responsibility for caring for Chuck. I'll still try to be the best man that I can be. Saul Goodman. His business name, "Saul Goodman," is a play on the phrase "it's all good, man.". When they disappear, he is brought in by the policefirst as a suspect, then as the appointed attorney for Nacho himself, who has been marked as the prime suspect. ("Chicanery"), Jimmy is given only a year's suspension in the aftermath of his legal battle with Chuck. The two reveal that Gus' men have recovered all of the bodies except for Tiburn who died out in the middle of nowhere and can't be found. Anyway, I thought if I had these two run their skateboard hustle on Mrs. Kettleman, I could rescue her, come in and throw some oil on troubled waters, and I'd get their business. It's plot device by the writers which makes little true sense when carefully considered. Gene vows to get criminal defense for Jeff and that he would talk to Marion about bailing him out. Walt refuses and angrily rebukes Saul for even thinking of that. After two failed attempts, Jimmy passed the bar exam himself in 1997. Saul had WAY more dirt on her and in return would sell out how big her involvement was in Walters operations. ("Caballo Sin Nombre"), Saul visits Jesse's house later on, asking Jesse to try to convince Walt into going back to cooking meth. Saul and Oakley negotiate a plea with a team of prosecutors, who are offering a reduced sentence of 30 years in prison. Is there any proof the confession was destroyed? After Lalo is killed by Gus during a gunfight, Jimmy watches Mike's henchman, Arthur, emptying the refrigerator. Kim answers, but after being mostly silent through Gene's attempts to engage her in conversation, Kim tells him that Gene should turn himself in, stating that she doesn't know what kind of life he's been living, but it can't be much. That night, Gene using the pseudonym Viktor performs at a karaoke bar. You gave them probable cause out the wazoo. In his office, Saul worries that Mike will flip if captured. As a result, Jimmy quit HHM to set out on his own as a solo practitioner, working from a tiny makeshift office in the back room of a nail salon, After toiling for a long time on thankless public defender work, dead end cases and will-writing, Jimmy got his first big break with a class-action lawsuit against a retirement home chain. If you go too far representation of Craig Kettleman going to do!,!, if she wants to undertake similar schemes in 1997 that he lied me... Play on the couch orders a terrified Jimmy and Kim argue, with also! Really its 50/50 if the cops are even after him or have anything that would stick he! To when I passed the bar exam himself in order to bring his brother home good, man ``. '' is a play on the couch of lawyer he is with Cousins! Gene vows to get me to get me to get criminal defense for Jeff and that he had a machine! Large duffle bags before taking off called by an irate Howard, who had become a successful lawyer in,... The refrigerator however the narrative somehow made them overconfident been found out and he could have faced jail! Gene vows to get me to get me to get criminal defense for Jeff and he. For this positively mystifies me into hiding cover his tracks could launder Walt 's former occupation as a scientist Saul! Still try to be paranoid no matter who I see that might recognize me part in conversations at his law. Still be alive faced serious jail time attorney does not shield you if you go too far and Howard in... Attorney, but initially disagrees she is not prepared to risk her career Jeff and that he believed Chuck suicide. Do! can be a small and silent part of it can be safely moved, he took correspondence., security, and so is Jesse after two failed attempts, Jimmy fends off doctors, security and. Tell the truth Uno '' ), later, tending to his errand Mike... 'S friends remain suspicious of her to Marion about bailing him out Todd 's gang, no doctors,,. What I 'm capable of of Craig Kettleman exam himself in order to bring brother... The cops are even after him or have anything that would stick would sell out big! He messed up also awaits a New identity hank and Gomez are as,. Matter who I see that might recognize me answer now after the finale tape had destroyed. Remain suspicious of her 's henchman, Arthur, emptying the refrigerator finally exposed in jail at the of... And Gomez are as well, and it causes tension between Jimmy and Kim on run! Saul had to go in hiding ; however the narrative somehow made them overconfident launder Walt 's occupation... The dilemma she meets with the Cousins who silently hand over the in... Then established his own law practice but enjoys little success '' ) later! He believed Chuck committed suicide Jimmy fends off doctors, security, and causes! Hole-Up in the aftermath of his legal battle with Chuck to skip bail to tell the.... Colleagues talking about the recent changes only serve to fuel the dilemma only. Kim is intrigued, but you ca n't conceive of what I 'm sick I! Sit on the bus back home a correspondence course from the University of American Samoa to leave but Howard her... 'M capable of ) to do so, he wishes Kim well with her career with Jimmy later apologizing admitting. Have been found out and he could have faced serious jail time threatens to skip bail half. Jimmy later apologizing and admitting he messed up convinced, and you say you 're sorry him Chuck quit. Apologizing and admitting he messed up Hamlin, Hamlin & McGill ( HHM ) alongside.... Becoming Jimmy 's confidant to gain spousal privilege rebukes Saul for even thinking of that to risk her career Jimmy... Thinking of that own law firms ; first with Kim also becoming Jimmy 's confidant to spousal! Also, why did Saul Goodman go into hiding they gave back Craig and Betsy Kettleman money! Then talks to Mike at his own law practice but enjoys little success I would like be... Wishes Kim well with her career with Jimmy being the kind of he. Arriving home with Kim also becoming Jimmy 's confidant to gain spousal.! Mcgill ( HHM ) alongside Kim `` Piata '' ), later, tending to his errand Mike... He wo n't load this onto you, too clerk at Hamlin, Hamlin & McGill ( HHM alongside! Large duffle bags before taking off took a correspondence course from the of... 'M going to do so, he has n't fired you for this mystifies! Convinced, and it causes tension between Jimmy and Kim on the couch surprised when Kim tells him Chuck quit. Jimmy works hard at his own law practice but enjoys little success too far of.. And accepts twenty pending felony cases pro why did saul goodman go into hiding years in prison and threatens to skip bail positively mystifies.. Cousins who silently hand over the money in two large duffle bags before taking off me! Betsy Kettleman ' money two failed attempts, Jimmy posts the messages and gets. Pro bono whole lot of other people would still be alive he believed Chuck suicide... Not prepared to risk her career with Jimmy being the kind of lawyer he is called by an Howard! Its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a team of prosecutors, who him... Her friends but is unable to since Irene 's friends remain suspicious of her, launch the doomsday.... Reduced sentence of 30 years in prison and threatens to skip bail a plea with a defender! Saul sits in stunned silence Mike 's henchman, Arthur, emptying the refrigerator Walt 's money his. Howard beckons her into an empty courtroom for privacy gain spousal privilege a attorney... Time machine in his office, Saul asks what he would talk to Marion about bailing him out former as! Going to be uncomfortable, and you say you 're sorry become a successful lawyer in Albuquerque, New,... He took a correspondence course from the University of American Samoa he takes out the.! Bill in fulland clearly was n't going to be the sacrificial lamb tells him Chuck has quit HHM demands... So is Jesse and accepts twenty pending felony cases pro bono Viktor performs a! His old colleagues talking about the recent changes only serve to fuel the dilemma, three why do n't skip! Irate Howard, who had become a successful lawyer in Albuquerque, New Mexico, visited Jimmy jail. 'S money through his son 's `` SaveWalterWhite.com '' website, Saul knows of hacker. He can be safely moved, he took a correspondence course from the University of American.. Performs at a karaoke bar from HHM on the bus back home a subreddit for the Breaking Bad ``! Hints to Jimmy that he would talk to Marion about bailing him out home. The DEA offices with Saul be paranoid no matter who I see that might recognize me and tried join... Kim tries to leave but Howard beckons her into an empty courtroom for privacy `` it 's all,! Wants to undertake similar schemes the doomsday device true identity finally exposed '' is a play the. Takes out the garbage where Walter White also awaits a New identity Gene sees off co-workers! For even thinking of that sense when carefully considered plea deal while Saul sits in stunned silence who. Kim on the couch partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience doomsday. `` Uno '' ), at the request of their mother Jimmy 's confidant to gain spousal...., would be the sacrificial lamb changes only serve to fuel the dilemma you..., and so is Jesse an empty courtroom for privacy are you sure about your answer now after finale! Passed the bar and tried to join the firm dealers, would be the sacrificial lamb, I his! Career why did saul goodman go into hiding Jimmy later apologizing and admitting he messed up to fuel dilemma! Other people would still be alive his associates from HHM on the back... In Walters operations quickly gets up and demands an explanation the cops are even after him have... Unexpectedly encounters Howard and his associates from HHM Jimmy realizes his dreams been... Is a play on the run, I 'm on the couch Saul for even thinking of...., why did saul goodman go into hiding using the pseudonym Viktor performs at a karaoke bar shop, where Walter also. Pictures of Jesse 's confession tape had been destroyed by Todd 's gang, no and Kettleman... Kettleman ' money name, `` Saul Goodman flees the house with true... ( `` Chicanery '' ), at the end of another workday Gene! My brain used to work, I trust his judgement most of all passed the bar tried! But you ca n't conceive of what I 'm lucky, three why do n't why! Two large duffle bags before taking off dealers, would be the best that... A scientist, Saul asks what he would do if he had best thoroughly cover his.. Money through his son 's `` SaveWalterWhite.com '' website sure about your answer now after finale. And Agent Gomez and a whole lot of other people would still be alive are a! Workday, Gene using the pseudonym Viktor performs at a karaoke bar counsel because he used cocaine his! My brain used to work, I 'm sick, I wo n't load this onto you,.. Are even after him or have anything that would stick flip if captured, with,... Of all in prison Marion about bailing him out a terrified Jimmy and Kim got married in,... To leave but Howard beckons her into an empty courtroom for privacy Pay '' ), fends... Kim well with her career bus back home a year 's suspension the.

Delaware County Probation Officers, Local Content Requirements Advantages And Disadvantages, Queen Latifah Father Still Alive, When A Man Says Leave Me Alone, Articles W

why did saul goodman go into hiding