harbor freight trailer axle upgradehungary no longer a democracy Posted March 13, 2023

At that time I went with ST185/80D13's. I've contemplated this myself a few times, mostly thinking of bearing life since I don't put a lot of weight on the trailer Im only thinking of going onto a 13" if the stability/drive is noticeably better. For more information, please see our Upgrading Tire Size on a Harbor Freight Trailer Question: I have a 1,000 lb harbor frieght trailer. The size will be based on the weight of the trailer and the load capacity.Once you have the right size tire, youll need to make sure the new tires fit onto the existing rims. Hi there, I know this is an older thread, but I want to add some pertinent info as I tried the above-mentioned hub upgrade to my harbor freight trailer. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. A lot of folks use it for teardrop trailers. The new axle is on.. tongue upgraded and just about ready to build. Generally speaking, you can increase the tire size on your trailer so long as both the axle capacity and tongue weight allow for it.However, its important to consult with your trailers manufacturer or an expert before making any alterations, as they will be able to advise you on what specific changes can be made safely. Super Duty Folding Trailer (1103) $54999 In-Store Only Add to My List HAUL-MASTER 1195 lb. 12-in Spare Trailer Tire. They fill a light duty niche in the market with an inexpensive, functional product. These cookies are required to enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. The goal was to do all these mods with regular tools and nothing special like a welder, but on item did . First, youll need to determine what size tire you need. Speeds up to ~80. Capacity Steel Utility Cart with Removable Sides (53) $17999 In-Store Only Add to My List It may not display this or other websites correctly. That is why the 45 mph limit if you read your manual/specs all the way through.The axle rating, the tire rating, the axle placement.all are not conducive to highway speeds. A lot of people don't follow those instructions 5 Reply 1 more reply [deleted] 4 yr. ago [removed] Reply GeckoDeLimon 4 yr. ago The trailer acts as a utility trailer for moving furniture, debris and branches, and a double kayak trailer. They are not a substitute for repacking. It has 4 hole 12 inch wheels. If youre looking for an affordable, high-quality trailer that will give you years of use, 13 wheels on Harbor Freight trailers is a great option to consider. What would you suggest for a trailer that needs to haul 12000lbs sometimes including off road. HAUL-MASTER 1720 lb. I know the load ratings are different and tire construction differs also, but as mentioned before, I am not really loading this thing up with 1500+ lbs of weight.. A great mid-size Tandem Axle, 10,000 lbs Flat Deck Trailer is waiting for you in these plans. I know this post is four years old, but what tire size/wheel setup did you go with and whered you find them? With more air volume the tires will make for a much smoother ride/float as well as more axle clearance in the ruts. In some cases, simply increasing the tire size may not be enough; you may also need to upgrade your axle or even replace it entirely in order to accommodate bigger tires. Please, reload the page. This patent covers not only the Grub's Mystery Green, but also Brads Atomic Grape and Barrys Crazy Cherry. x 96-1/4 in. Three leaf spring suspension. #3 dstock , May 26, 2010 #4 dstock Adventurer n00b Joined: Feb 21, 2008 The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. I only sold . Single-Axle Trailer Hanger Kit for Double-Eye Springs - 1-1/2" Front, 1-1/4" Rear (74 reviews) Code: APS2 Our Price: $30.30 Trailer Leaf Spring Suspension Hangers Suspension Kits Boat Trailer Camper Car Hauler Snowmobile Trailer Utility Trailer Double Eye Springs Single Axle etrailer more information > 12,000 lb Dexter Tandem Axle Trailer Kit - 48.5" Spread Axles - 24k Capacity. On the 1720 only 2/4 of the square frame is c-lipped. When it comes to choosing the right size wheels for your Harbor Freight trailer, 13 wheels are a great option.Theyre strong and durable, so they can handle even the heaviest loads. Cookie Notice The HF axle with 1.3" spacers is . They also have a 5/8" hole in the upper and lower shock bushings. You must log in or register to reply here. 79. Harbor Freight coupons for at least 20% off select products Check out these Harbor Freight coupon codes to receive at least 20% off jack stands, shop lights, paint sprayers, wrench sets and. The price looks good. You can find bigger tires that will fit your Harbor Freight trailer at most any tire retailer. x 96 in. ). Although my HF trailer is older, the bearings are a weird size. I have read anecdotal notes about people using a Harbor Freight trailer coupon in 2023 to lower the cost. Heavy Duty Folding Trailer (1711) $51999 In-Store Only Add to My List NEW HFT 1200 lb. - YouTube 0:00 / 4:22 Harbor freight trailer upgrade continues. A Reddit devoted to Teardrop Trailers and Tiny Campervans, it's the open road for us! http://www.etrailer.com/dept-pg-Tires_and_Wheels-sf-Tire_Only-pt-Radial_Tire-pc-13_Inch.aspx, (You must log in or sign up to reply here. Heavy Duty Folding Trailer, 1090 lb. Torque the lug nuts to the manufacturers specified torque rating.4. I'm hoping this gives me enough room for a tire the size of 205/75-15 or similar size.. I've trailered plenty over 25 years so no need to be rude. The fender mount required straightening once I got back home. x 96 in. bed. You might try the marine stores as well. #3500 axle delivered. However, they can be used on other surfaces like gravel or dirt if the right tires are installed.Off road tires have deeper treads than regular tires, which helps them grip loose material better and prevents them from getting stuck in mud or sand. Heres a quick and easy way to do it. I upgraded to 175/80R13 (radial tires) on my Northern Tool 5x8 trailer, not because of wear, but because I did not want my hard work riding on cheep bias ply tires. This will determine what size tire you can fit on your trailer. Product Overview This folding trailer takes up only 24 in. This Haulmaster trailer has 4 lug tires. I was able to sell the unit for $500. I was looking at hauling my Harbor Freight trailer (1195 lb. for pricing and availability. In my experience, if you dont overload the trailer (<1200lbs), I'm not aware of any axle failures. For me, it was cheaper to buy a used Harbor Freight 48 trailer that sat in a garage most of its life. You need more weight upfront if you want to center your vtx over the little trailer, so you likely won't be able to add a permanent rear ramp like you could on a large trailer. Does adding a larger tire/wheel have any physical benefit to towing? I usually type in "2 pack" with the tire size, It usually saves you a bit of money. Expedition and Overland Trailers - DIY/Custom. Here is the exact wheel I plan to use.. with the spacers installed I still have about 2 inches from the back of the rim to the trailer. Can it be done by leaving the build intact and using jacks and jackstands? I really don't think you will need anything of an agressive tire since it is not a drive wheel. When I had a tire blow-out, the fender and its mounting bracket got mangled. Then of course the 1195 includes a 1 7/8" coupler instead of a 2". I was looking at hauling my Harbor Freight trailer (1195 lb. Those are the hubs I used on my trailer after my mishap with the lugs coming off the HF trailer. Any 4 lug x 4 inches will fit. Last update: 2023-03-01, Review: Best Tires for Towing Fifth Wheel Trailer, Who Makes the Best 22.5 RV Tires? Capacity, 48-5/8 in. Yeah I actually just emailed Harbor Freight and they responded with this: In response to your inquiry on your question about the bolt pattern on our 5 Lug Rim SKU#64235, the BOLT PATTERN/CIRCLE: 5 ON 4-1/2". Not enough clearance between frame and tire using the stock axle. You will also need to purchase wheel spacers to clear the frame. Before someone tells me to just build my own frame out of steel tubing, I don't trust my welding skills enough for that. Just be careful not to become over confident with the bearing buddies. I plan to use it for a while and then upgrade the entire axle for slightly larger and more standard wheels/hubs fairly soon. and our As much as people love them, they are also the target of a lot of complaints about stiffness. Grub's Mystery Green - Uncovering the Unique Variety of Tomato Patented in Russia Until 2051, The Green Mystery of the Grub is a unique variety of tomato that has been patented in Russia until 2051 by Vasily Ivanovich Blockin-Mechtalin. Don't get scammed by websites pretending to be Harbor Freight. A real axle with idler hubs costs less than $125. If you are willing to spend the time to put this trailer together, you may save money on the trailer. Installing off road tires on your harbor freight trailer is a fairly simple process.First, youll need to remove the old tires from the wheels using a lug wrench. Upper Mount Sleeve Inside Diameter (In): 5/8 Inch Upper Mount Type: Loop They're designed for little trailers - roughly 12" fully expanded; 8" collapsed (so 4" travel). It was for a 1-7/8" ball and mine are all 2", so I had to buy a new hitch. The boat itself is 14 feet, so more would have to be added on. Also a peek . #6419898, General Troubleshooting and Technical Help. The forum is to offer insight on issues based on real-world experiences in an effort to help the forum family make proper decisions for safety, function, aesthetics, etc. This will determine what size tire you can fit on your trailer. [FONT=Helvetica, Arial, lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]. It does not look like they have the 4 lug at this time. The Harbor Freight trailer tire has a sticker on it that says WARNING: MAXIMUM HIGHWAY SPEED = 55 MPH.. What about the quality? I like the Haul Master trailer for toting around my Harley-Davidson motorcycle. Who makes the best smelling 2 stroke oil? Once the new tires are in place, simply inflate them to the proper pressure and youre ready to hit the trails!If you frequently haul heavy loads over rough terrain, then off road tires are a must-have upgrade for your harbor freight trailer. They also have tougher sidewalls that can withstand more abuse from rocks and other debris on the trail. Sounds like it may help reduce issues down the road. So, ditch the wimpy one, and buy another that meets your new load requirement. I've really got the itch to try building a teardrop trailer. If you happen to have the 5 lug axle then you can find them everywhere. I am not sure. When I came across a used 1720 lb HF trailer for cheap, I bought it. Personally, I do not use bearing buddies. 5-7 oz Orange, mid season). 2,124 views Feb 20, 2019 18 Dislike Share Ramblin Rogers 1.16K subscribers Getting the trailer prepped for the new axle and tongue support. The heavier duty trailer is on sale in May, so if you're buying now, might as well go with the heavier duty option. How Much Does Costco Charge to Change Tires Canada, How Long Does It Take for Tires to Cool down, How Long Does It Take to Put Rims on Tires, How Long Does It Take for Tires to Decompose. Harbor Freight Boat Trailer 9X6.5 4893.jpg, Become a Bronze, Silver or Gold site supporter, Build a Jeep Trailer Dinoot Lightweight Fiberglass Tub Kit - Dinoot Trailers Dinoot Trailers, Economical Off-Road Trailer Build - Part IV Photo & Image Gallery. Hubs have been fine so far on both of my trailers. Super Duty Folding Trailer $54999 In-Store Only Add to My List HAUL-MASTER 1195 lb. Mini Harbor Freight (type) Trailer Ultimate Build-Up Thread - JeepForum.com, Single-Axle Trailer Hanger Kit for Double-Eye Springs - 3-1/4" Front, 9/10" Rear Redline Trailer Leaf Spring Suspension APS5, H-110 HANGER TYPE = 2-EYE , A = NB-1 , B = , WIDTH = 1.75 (stengelbros.net), Double Eye Trailer Leaf Springs (stengelbros.net), Dorman HELP! Privacy Policy. ball hitch to transport securely. And then, anything else to look out for besides just the normal stuff that comes along with a cheap trailer? of floor space. Were the best Subaru Forester Owners Forum to talk about the best years of the Subaru Forester, modifications and reliability history of the Subaru Forester. Posted April 28, 2014. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. wheel or tire R Rexx66 Jeeper Apr 2, 2014 #1 Picked up a 1720lb weight limit HF Trailer and have it mostly together and was curious if anyone on here had put bigger wheels/tires on theirs without upgrading the axle and hubs? As far as improved road driving that is probably the most significant difference. Replacement bearings are EASY to procure in an emergency. 1. $5,545.09. If you do a search you should be able to find them online someplace. Plus, swapping out an axle is a lot more involved than hubs and IMHO, not worth the time or money. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. Thinking of doing the same setup. I really like the look of a rugged tire on a trailer. A tire that was 1700 feet in diameter would only turn once every mile and would probably last forever. I guess my question is, is there anything I should do now, during assembly, that will make my life easier in the long run or help the trailer last longer? It's possible to cut the axle and extend it by welding in a new section or replace the axle with a longer one. I only sold mine to get an enclosed trailer. Upgrade from the 12 inch tires puncture very easily, current tabs, floor, i. Just something that will ride over terrain like rocks and thru mud. Show 432 Results. It takes a lot of time to complete the assembly instructions. By spacing out the wheels, you are increasing the distance between the spring and the tire center. 2005-2022 Overland International, Inc. All rights reserved. It's easiest to create a Word docume, Organic Fertilizers: A Natural Alternative for Feeding your Garden | Texas Tomato Food, GreenLeaf Nutrients & More, Fertilizers have become increasingly expensive in recent years, leading many gardeners to look for alternatives. Find My Store. It did require new wheels and tires and a few upgrades like a tongue jack. I really don't think you will need anything of an agressive tire since it is not a drive wheel. Sorry I disagree. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. Great infoI am in process of putting my HF trailer together now, using specs for extended Dinoot (4 x 6), would it be a good idea to upgrade hubs now and include bearing buddies and oil seals ?? Basically, I'm interested in what the title says. Create an account on our community. Guide Gear Cargo Utility Trailer, Heavy Duty Carts with Wheels, ATV Carrier. I also kept the HF trailer frame width at the stock 48 inches but widened the box by a couple of inches so I ended up purchasing a custom replacement axle from Scott to increase the span and . Technically, the trailer should pull and ride smoother and there is less wear on the bearings. Some states may require an inspection, which could cost money. The price is inexpensive. I like something that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, and large enough to give you reasonable ground clearance. Degreased, repacked, less than 200 miles on the trailer. The 2 standard 5 hole trailer patterns are 5 on 4.5" and 5 on 5". Ironton 4ft. Harbor freight trailer upgrade, quick update. While the ratio may not be ideal for tomatoes, it can still produce great results with some preparation and understanding of the plant's genetic potential. Heres how to do it:1. The Harbor Freight folding trailer is a light-duty, bolt-together utility trailer with a 1,450 lb. I hope this helps with the question: Are Harbor Freight trailers any good? Super Duty Folding Trailer, 1195 lb. Size: 4ft x 8ft - Overall assembled length is 135 In. The axle I got is actually a 2000 lb its more heavy duty. Also, I use the unit as a utility trailer around the house. Why is the price so low compared to other trailers? Load Capacity. If you reject them, enhanced functionality will be unavailable. I hope this is a reasonable place to post this. The former refers to how much weight the axle can bear, while the latter is how much downward force is exerted on the hitch by the trailer itself. Off road tires are a great addition to any harbor freight trailer. Plus the tongue. I am considering replacing one on my old lowes trailer.. vs buying a new trailer. It appears that this patent is exclusive to the Russian Federation, with exporting to Belarus and K-stan and importing from Germany being allowed. Price and other details may vary based on product size and color. If youre in the market for a new trailer, you may be wondering if 13 wheels are a good option. I didn't use the bearing buddies though. To get into the hubs. Press J to jump to the feed. I got them from ecustomrim.com. Are Harbor Freight Trailers Any Good? and overall width is 62 1/4in. Bought the corresponding ultra tow hubs and 50x30x10 seals in order to fit snug onto the axle. 2. I did not like the folding capabilities.  Ad block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on the site. Leaving less chance of damaging a tire by a rock puncture. If youre looking to put bigger tires on your trailer, there are a few things you need to know. FREE delivery Mar 10 - 21 . Scabbing in some extra reinforcement on the existing tongue is one thing, but I wouldn't trust something 100% welded by me going down the highway. 1. familyman121712 2 yr. ago. Since the axle and bearings are the weak point(s) of a HF trailer, a Dexter 2000LB axle with easylube hubs would be a better long term solution. If I could afford the heavier duty trailer I would get it. This site may be of some help, but I can't. Fully Equipped: Includes Kit with two 4.80-12in. Northern Tool - Quality Tools for Serious Work, Orings and More | Affordable and Quality Gaskets and Seals, DEXTER 60" Round Tube Straight Trailer Axle (2000 lb.) this yeilds a usable cargo limit of 1,175 lb. This means that there are five bolts spaced evenly around a circle that has a diameter of 4.5 inches.These dimensions are important to know if youre looking to replace wheels or tires on your trailer, or if youre looking to attach any accessories that require specific bolt patterns. As such, looked at a few options and went for a more common sized hub/bearing that is probably higher quality. Rockwell American 3,500 lb Idler Trailer Axle Running Gear (Idler Axle W/Hubs, Bearings, Lugs & Nuts, Springs, U-Bolt Kit, Hanger kit. Ramblin Rogers 1.17K. Heavy Duty Folding Trailer # 90154) on a few hundred mile trips and wasn't crazy about the cheapo and odd sized hubs/bearings that came with the kit. Harbor freight trailer upgrade continues. Discussion in 'General' started by antor1, Mar 26, 2012. It is good to repack the bearings from the factory and repack them frequently. You may need tools like a torque wrench, grease gun, etc. Dexter axle upgrade on Harborfreight Trailer. The first thing I had to do was to extend the tongue. If the trailer has more than one axle, this weight can be divided evenly between axles to determine the proper load capacity required per axle. So with that in mind, does anyone know if there are any frame differences between the 1195# and 1720# trailer? To do this, simply loosen the lug nuts and then jack up the trailer.Once the trailer is jacked up, you can remove the old tires and put on the new ones. Yep, cleaning and repacking is the best you can do for your bearing. First, youll need to remove the old tires from the trailer. Don't take this the wrong way. It was a super duty folding trailer ~1200lb capacity with 4-bolt hubs. The Ukrainian Tribute Growout is a great opportunity for tomato lovers to get their hands on some unique and delicious varieties. Both of them mounted will run me $100 should know tomorrow. So for my teardrop I'm pretty well set on just using the trailer frame itself and replacing the axle/hubs with something else that any trailer supply place will have parts for. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. x 96-1/4 in. I recently sold it, too. x 8ft. Capacity 48 in. The deadline for sending in seeds was October 15th, but there are still plenty of ways to get involved. Or will you have to add spacers or remove the fenders? Does this improve rigidity? For towing on back country roads/forest roads where you run into ruts, rocks and washboard the larger wheels will make a significant difference. You're saying the axles need to be upgraded just because of the cost of the kit from Harbor Freight. If that's really the sum of the differences, really makes me think the 1195 could be the better starting point if there's no intention to keep the original axle. Ironton - Steel Folding Utility Trailer Kit. When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. UPDATE 7/7/2023: Harbor Freight has increased the price, but the trailer is still a good deal I think. As it comes this trailer is 8 feet on the deck with a short yoke on the front ending with a hitch. You can do this, but should greatly decrease the load you put on the trailer, especially if your intent is to use it off road. https://tirehubz.com/ is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to (https://tirehubz.com/ ) amazon.com, How to Add Bigger Tires to Harbor Freight Trailer, You will need to remove the existing wheels and tires from your Harbor Freight trailer, Next, you will need to measure the new tires you wish to install on your Harbor Freight trailer, Once you have measured the new tires, you will need to purchase them from a local tire retailer or online, After you have purchased the new tires, you will need to install them onto your Harbor Freight trailer. But what if you want to upgrade to bigger tires? So apparently it is 5 on 4.5". Carry-On Trailer. YakBassin719 43 subscribers Subscribe 6.4K views 1 year ago Swap out your Harbor Freight trailer axle without drilling or welding. Plenty of bearing failures though. It takes 60 days for Red Rocket tomatoes to reach maturit. Seems like all this guy did was upgrade the axle with a 2" pipe, new hubs, and CJ leaf springs came out pretty cool Just picked up a set of new wheels online that are 15x7 and with the 3.75" backspacing it should give me enough clearance to use them. 1720 lb. For example, you will want a plywood deck and d-rings, which costs extra if you dont have decking on hand. The trailer does good with weight on it. The harbor freight axles are known to have poor and very little grease with the bearings.

1960s Ford Dump Truck, Eric Harris' Parents Where Are They Now, Articles H

harbor freight trailer axle upgrade